Monday, May 20, 2024
HomeFinance7th pay commission: Government increased DA by 8 percent in one stroke,...

7th pay commission: Government increased DA by 8 percent in one stroke, salary will increase by this much

7th pay commission, DA Hike: Big news for central employees is coming soon. According to media reports, a new dearness allowance is going to be implemented for them from July 1, 2023. It is expected that once again a 4 per cent jump may come in their dearness allowance.

7th pay commission, DA Hike : Big news for central employees is coming soon. According to media reports, a new dearness allowance is going to be implemented for them from July 1, 2023. It is expected that once again a 4 per cent jump may come in their dearness allowance. But, now different state governments are also increasing the dearness allowance. In this episode, the Gujarat government has given a big gift to its employees. In one stroke, the government has directly increased the dearness allowance of its employees by 8 percent.

Gujarat has increased DA by 8 percent

Gujarat Chief Minister Bhupendra Patel has made a big increase in dearness allowance and dearness relief of his state employees and pensioners under the 7th pay commission. A huge increase of 8 percent has been made directly. The government order said that about 9.50 lakh employees and pensioners of the state government have been covered under the 7th Pay Commission. These employees will benefit from the increase in dearness allowance and dearness relief.

Bumper benefit will be available in two parts

According to the Gujarat government, the DA Hike of 8 percent will be implemented in two parts. The first will be applicable from July 1, 2022, it has been increased by 4 percent. At the same time, the second 4 percent will be implemented from January 1, 2023. The total benefit of 8 percent will be credited along with their salary. The Gujarat government has told that the increase in dearness allowance has been done according to the rules of the central government.

Arrear will also be available in 3 installments

The Gujarat government has made it clear that dearness allowance has been increased in two phases. The first has increased from 1 July 2022. But, now according to January 1, 2023, he will have to pay in salary. This means that arrears of previous dues will also be given. According to the government, the arrears will be paid in three instalments. The first installment will be given along with the salary for the month of June. The second and third installments will be released in October.

It was told by the Gujarat government that increasing the DA would put an additional burden of Rs 4,516 crore on the state exchequer. The Gujarat government had increased the dearness allowance by 3 percent in August 2022, which was implemented from January 1, 2022. Presently, under the 7th pay commission, the central government is paying 42 percent dearness allowance to the employees. In this, the employees are getting a total of 42 percent DA. The next revision in the dearness allowance of central employees is to be done from July 1.

RELATED ARTICLES
- Advertisment -

Most Popular

Recent Comments