By taking advantage of digital banking facilities, you can easily handle your banking work from home even during bank holidays.
If you are planning to go to the bank in the month of May, then first of all you must see the list of bank holidays in the month of May. Otherwise you may have to return empty handed from the bank. As soon as the first month of the financial year 2023-24 ended, the Reserve Bank of India released the list of bank holidays for the month of May for the common people. So that the bank customers do not face any kind of problem.
Banks play an integral role in the lives of common people, facilitating money transactions, receiving demand drafts and depositing cheques, etc. When banks are closed on holidays, many customers are left with important work that cannot be completed. Thus to help the people to plan their banking activities the list of bank holidays is being given.
List of Bank Holidays in May 2023
- Banks will remain closed in Belapur, Bengaluru, Chennai, Guwahati, Hyderabad, Kochi, Kolkata, Mumbai, Nagpur, Panaji, Patna and Trivandrum on May 1, 2023, due to Maharashtra Day / May Day.
- Banks will remain completely closed in Agartala, Aizawl, Belapur, Bhopal, Chandigarh, Dehradun, Jammu, Kanpur, Kolkata, Mumbai, Nagpur, New Delhi, Raipur, Ranchi, Shimla, and Srinagar on the occasion of Buddha Purnima on May 5, 2023 .
- Due to Sunday on May 7, 2023, banks will remain closed across the country.
- Rabindranath Tagore’s birth anniversary is on May 9, 2023, on which bank will be closed in Kolkata.
- Due to the second Saturday on May 13, 2023, banks across the country will remain closed.
- Due to Sunday, May 14, 2023 will be a public holiday for banks.
- May 16, 2023 will be a bank holiday in Sikkim on the occasion of Foundation Day.
- Due to Sunday, May 21, 2023 will be a holiday for banks across the country.
- Banks will remain closed in Shimla on 22 May 2023, on the occasion of Maharana Pratap Jayanti.
- Banks will remain closed in Tripura on May 24, 2023, on the occasion of Kazi Nazrul Islam Jayanti.
- May 27, 2023 is the fourth Saturday due to which banks will remain closed across the country.
- Due to Sunday, May 28, 2023 is a holiday in all banks across the country.